Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve at the Motor Inn




We were driving to La Grande for Christmas. We made it to Boise with the roads being clear and by the time we got to Ontario we were in a storm. The winds were blowing so strongly they were literally lifting Tyler up on his tippy toes when he was pumping gas. We had heard that the freeway was closed down after Baker City so we decided to finish the drive to Baker City and get a hotel for the night. After we left Ontario we were the only car on the road. The storm was getting so bad that the freeway had like 2 ft drifts in the middle of it. Tyler was driving about 25 MPH and my stomach was up in my throat. We finally found what looked like civilization at a place called FairWell Bend. We ended up spending our Christmas Eve at the Motor Inn. I was trying to stay happy but as soon as I walked into our room and saw it I burst into tears. It was terrible. It will definately be something to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment